About FirstRand and the group
FirstRand's objective is to create long-term shareholder value, delivering sustainable returns with acceptable levels of volatility and maintain balance sheet strength.
Firstrand's portfolio of leading financial services franchises:
- provides a universal set of transactional, lending, investment and insurance products and services
- seeks to operate in markets and segments where franchises can deliver competitive and differentiated client-centric value propositions
- leverages the relevant distribution channels, product skills, licenses and operating platforms of the wider group
Strategy is executed on the back of disruptive and innovative thinking underpinned by the owner-manager culture and a disciplined allocation of financial resources
The group's is committed to:
- Creating long-term franchise value
- Delivering superior and sustainable economic returns within acceptable levels of volatility
- Maintaining balance sheet strength
The group consists of a portfolio of leading financial services franchises: These are First National Bank (FNB), the retail and commercial bank, Rand Merchant Bank (RMB), the corporate and investment bank, WesBank, the instalment finance business, Aldermore, the UK specialist lender and savings bank, and Ashburton Investments, the group's investment management business.
FirstRand Bank is the preferred investment bank in the Indo-Africa corridor: